There are a total of eight shops found in the village in Viva Piñata and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise, and four in Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise, and each one serves a different purpose. Chocolate Coins are the currency used to purchase services and items in those stores, and is what you get by selling items to Lottie.
In Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise you can tap the shop owner with the stylus and they will react physically and say a negative quote, such as "Don't touch what you can't afford, my friend!" with Lottie.
List of Shops
- Costolot's Store: A general store managed by Lottie which sells most average items that are needed to manage a garden. Lottie sells Fertilizer, Watering cans, Surface Packets, Paving, Seeds, Candy, Fruit, Vegetables, Produce, Fencing, and Garden Items in this store. She will also buy items and give you Chocolate Coins in return (unless you're trying to sell Weeds and Sour Candy in which case she will remove them for a cost out of your pocket).
- Bart's Exchange: Bart changes items into others to help with taming sours and other Piñatas. In Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise, the shop is just a prompt to select items.
- Paper Pets: Sells piñatas and accessories for your resident piñatas. Paper Pets does not sell pets in Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise. Not available in Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise, and the services are managed in Gretchen Fetchem's instead.
- Willy Builder: Builds homes for piñatas, and for work staff.
- Ivor Bargain: A store managed by the character of the same name which sells rare items; one can even stop Professor Pester (purchase the Captain's Cutlass at level 30 and place it in your garden). Does not exist in Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, and is a part of Costolot's Store in Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise.
- Gretchen Fetchem's: She will hunt down wild piñatas for you. However, you can only ask her to catch piñatas that you have had a resident of before. In Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise she also manages
- Doc Patchingo: He will heal sick piñatas for a fee.
- Arfur's Inn: Here, you can employ Helpers who generally help out around your garden. Not available in Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise, and the only helper available is the Sprinkling who can be purchased in Costolot's Store.
- Post Office: Fanny Franker manages the store and her main objective is to help you store and transfer your items. In Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise the Post Office is in Gretchen Fetchem's instead.
- Langstons TrapEase: Only available in Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise, Langston Lickatoad sells traps and bait for capturing piñatas in the Piñarctic and the Dessert Desert. This is the only shop available in those locations and this shop can only be accessed in those locations, as it can not be accessed from the garden.
|Player||Tower of Sour · Chocolate Coin · Alert · Award · Achievement · Gardener level · Journal · Camera · Concept art · Player Permissions · Training episode · Label · Label Designer · Crate|
|Garden||Weather · Day and night cycle · Fertilizer · Transformation · Candy · Shop · Pinometer · Helper · Piñata Vision · Bouncer Board · Garden Store · Trap · Playground · Just for Fun · Cursor|
|Tools||Watering can · Shovel · Surface Packet · Trick Stick · Seed Bag · Fertilizer Bag · Bait Bag|
|Piñatas||Species · Variant · Wild · Resident · Egg · Cocoon · Sour · Evolution · Romance · Conflict · Fight · Sickness · Wild-card · Happiness Rating · Food chain · Accessory · Costume · Trick · Item level · Reluctance to return|
|Minigames||Great Piñata Paperchase · P-Factor|