Each resident piñata in a garden has a happiness rating, or Candiosity meter in Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise, that reflects the quality of the care that has been provided. Despite being retconned to Candiosity in Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise to fit in with it having to be maxed out to be sent into a party in the game, it still acts as a measurement of happiness. If it stays very sad for a while, it will walk out of the garden and return to the wild, causing it to lose its resident status, and also lose any accessories, stats, and name applied to the piñata.
A piñata's happiness is shown on the happiness meter and in the expression on the face (or the color of the Cannoñata icon in Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise) within the happiness meter. The happiness meter shows when the cursor is over the piñata. Happier piñata are worth more chocolate coins. A very sad piñata will be crying, detectable from a distance.
Some things that can make piñatas happier/increase candiosity are:
- Naming it.
- Directing it to eat a seed, flower, fruit, vegetable, or produce that it enjoys.
- Directing it to a pond.
- Watering it with the watering can (if it likes that sort of thing).
- Directing it to eat happy candy or joy candy.
- Buying it an accessory.
- Romancing it with another piñata.
- Building a house for it.
Some things that can make piñatas sad/reduce candiosity are:
- Getting squashed underfoot by other piñatas.
- Getting hit by the shovel.
- Seeing other piñatas get whacked by the shovel, broken, and injured.
- Being in close proximity to another piñata that is higher up on the food chain.
- Selling or taking away its accessory(s).
- Feeding it a Sour Candy and becoming ill.
- Being watered if it doesn't like being watered (except for Chippopotamus, Cocoadile, Custacean, Juicygoose, Lackatoad, Lickatoad, Quackberry, Swanana & Sweetooth).
|Player||Tower of Sour · Chocolate Coin · Alert · Award · Achievement · Gardener level · Journal · Camera · Concept art · Player Permissions · Training episode · Label · Label Designer · Crate|
|Garden||Weather · Day and night cycle · Fertilizer · Transformation · Candy · Shop · Pinometer · Helper · Piñata Vision · Bouncer Board · Garden Store · Trap · Playground · Just for Fun · Cursor|
|Tools||Watering can · Shovel · Surface Packet · Trick Stick · Seed Bag · Fertilizer Bag · Bait Bag|
|Piñatas||Species · Variant · Wild · Resident · Egg · Cocoon · Sour · Evolution · Romance · Conflict · Fight · Sickness · Wild-card · Happiness Rating · Food chain · Accessory · Costume · Trick · Item level · Reluctance to return|
|Minigames||Great Piñata Paperchase · P-Factor|